MegaSquirt Information And Technical Help
Note — these are here to help guide you and provide information. As with anything involving electronics, computers, and cars bad things can happen without proper research and planning. Do your homework. We cannot be responsible for any of your actions or their results whether based on this information or not. Be smart, and be safe… and for goodness sake, don’t blow your car up!
There are more articles to come… check back soon!
From DIY Plug-n-Play setups to starting from scratch to build your own harness, and from factory EFI conversions to MegaSquirt to carb-to-EFI conversions. These articles are being gathered from around the web to give examples of how people are implementing the MegaSquirt ECU on various vehicles. Some contain very detailed technical information and wiring diagrams, some are more general in nature. If you know of an article that should be featured here email me a link at email@example.com.
Documentation for DIYAutoTune.com Hardware
Here you will find manuals for devices which were either designed by DIYAutoTune.com or are not official Bowling & Grippo products, not covered on the MegaSquirt documentation. These are supported through DIYAutoTune.com directly.
- MS3-Pro Standalone Engine Management
- MS3-Pro Module
- Mustang 5.0 MS2 + PNP Adaptor Harness kit
- Information about our MSPNP line of Plug and Play ECUs
- DIYPNP build it yourself plug and play systems
- DIYBOB adapter boards
- Zeal Engineering Daughterboard
- DIYAutoTune.com 36-1 Crank Trigger Wheels
- DIYAutoTune.com Nissan Optical Bolt In Trigger Wheels
- QuadSpark Ignition Module
- HSD-4 High Side Driver Module
- JimStimX Assembly and Usage Guide
- VVTuner variable valve timing controller
- CAN-EGT 8 channel EGT module
Other DIYAutoTune.com Tech Articles
Various MegaSquirt tips and tricks, as well as some articles related to other items in our lineup.
- Carb-To-EFI Conversion: One Step at a Time – 1977 Chevy Nova with SBC 350
- How-To: Setup TunerStudioMS
- Tuning Basic Acceleration Enrichments on your MegaSquirt EMS
- Using Third Party Displays, Data Logging Units, and Smartphones with MegaSquirt
- MegaSquirt Ground Pins
- How to Adjust the MegaSquirt VR Trim Pots
- Bench testing the MegaSquirt VR circuit
- Secrets to Getting a Smooth Idle
- Dialing in the MegaSquirt Startup Settings
- How-To: Setup Base Ignition Timing
- Installing MegaSquirt in Parallel with the Stock ECU
- Installing an Innovate Wideband and Gauge on a Buell Motorcycle (or any motorbike really)
- MegaSquirt and related Technical Videos / How-To’s
- Taking your MegaSquirt to the Dyno
- Road / Track Tuning your MegaSquirt Engine Management System
- Will the MegaSquirt work with my stock ignition system???
- Using Bosch BIP373 coil drivers with Megasquirt
- Troubleshooting MegaSquirt Communications Issues
- Common MegaSquirt Modifications
- Measuring and Calibrating your Coolant (CLT) and Intake Air Temp (IAT) sensors
- MegaView Kit Assembly Instructions
- Troubleshooting the MegaSquirt Injector Driver Circuit
- Using MegaSquirt with a PerTronix Ignitor
- Using MegaSquirt with an MSD distributor
- Getting MegaSquirt’s stepper IAC control dialed in
- Big Power Management in a Low Traction World: Dialing in your traction control
Customer submitted tech articles
Tips, tricks, and cool installations sent to us by our customers.
- Modifying a GM DIS coil pack base for direct coil control
- EDIS on an early Ford Bronco
- Modifying a Zeal Engineering Daughterboard to control a 3 wire IAC
- DIYPNP installation on a 1998 Toyota RAV4 with the 3S-GE
Other articles we found on the web you might find interesting
MegaSquirt Technical Help And Installation Information
Want to learn more about Engine Management Systems and Tuning?
Pick up a copy of Performance Fuel Injection Systems by our own Matt Cramer & Jerry Hoffmann.