MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System with V3.0 main board - Unassembled Kit with BLACK CASE -- Part # MS130-K
Now with silk screened case standard!
The MS130-K kit includes everything you will need to build your MegaSquirt. The genuine B&G partial kit with PCB3.0, the Bill Of Materials, the case, pre-machined endplates and heatsink bar, even the tube of heatsink compound and a bit of jumper wire is included. All you add is tools, solder, and time! Only other thing you might need is a tuning cable if you don't have one already. I have those available as well for a few bucks.
MS130-K Kit Bill Of Materials (BOM) Includes:
- All 'Basic Components'
- PWM Flyback Damping Circuit components
- Hall Sensor/Coil(-) and VR Sensor Ignition Trigger Components
- IGBT High Current Ignition Driver Components
- Current Limiting Circuit Components
That's right, every single option to enable every single feature this great ECU has to offer.
<---- Click here to view the Legend for the kit labels.
The MegaSquirt EFI System is truly the dream Electronic Fuel Injection computer for the DIYer. MegaSquirt has been installed on thousands of engines from restored classics to daily drivers to full on race-cars. Turbo, supercharged, or NA the MegaSquirt can handle your fueling needs. More information about MegaSquirt can be found at http://www.megamanual.com.
Features / Benefits of the MegaSquirt-I EFI
- Onboard MAP sensor for NA or boosted engines up to 21psi!
- Speed density or Alpha-N.
- Use any injector - High or Low impedance.
- Compatible with output from narrowband sensors and wideband O2 systems.
- Log data on your laptop for later analysis.
- Tuning software is free for download and regularly updated with new features.
- Open Source design - all code and hardware information is available online.
- Includes proper female DB37 connector and shell for your wiring harness.
- Professionally Machined Brushed Aluminum Endplates. Excellent Fit and Finish!
- Brushed Aluminum Case with flanged ends for easy mounting.
New Features specific to the latest PCB Version 3.0
- All automotive temperature grade components for increased reliability.
- Higher quality 4 layer PCB for increased resistance to noise/crosstalk. All PCB's electrically tested at the factory for enhanced quality control.
- Added current limiting circuitry to provide increased fault tolerance--- it other words, it's much harder to blow this thing up if you make a mistake!
- Uprated Flyback circuitry is now built in- bring on the low-z injectors!
- Onboard Heatsink bar
- Large Prototype area onboard- for adding custom circuitry to your ECU
- Supports use of original MS tach input, ignition coil triggering, VR, Hall and Optical sensor triggering.
- Direct Ignition coil driver is now on-board
Read more about the new V3 PCB features here: MegaSquirt V3.0 Main Board
Fully upgradeable to MegaSquirt II or III Fuel and Ignition Controller
This unit can be upgraded to MegaSquirt 2 or 3 and you'll have the following new/improved features:
- Ignition control (full spark timing advance control, dwell control, etc) for one coil/distributor and EDIS systems,
- Tuning tables in 12×12 or 16x16 resolution
- On-board stepper motor driver for IAC stepper control (this will require a few jumper wires to be added on the MegaSquirt PCB)
- MS3 adds significant extra I/O capabilities including 8cyl ignition and sequential fuel control
Available Source code means Endless Development
This MegaSquirt EFI system is an open project allowing anyone to customize the hardware and code to meet different needs. This firmware's featureset has grown hugely and continues to be refined.
Optional firmware updates (such as MS1/Extra) for the current MegaSquirt-I add features such as:
- Ignition Control, distributor-based and distributorless (DIS) systems
- 12x12 Volumetric Efficiency (VE) and Ignition Tables
- Closed loop boost control
- Rev limiters
- Shift Light control
- Water Injection control
- Knock Sensor Input
As with all DIYAutoTune.com un-assembled kits, the quality is second to none. Everything is meticulously organized and labeled to help make your ECU assembly go as smoothly as possible. For example, each of the above bags contains a certain type of part, one with all of the resistors, one with diodes, one with capacitors, etc. Inside each of these bags the parts are further broken down and labeled in theri own individual baggies as pictured below. We even go so far as to put the components in numeric order to make finding them easier. We've really tried to think of everything....
Here's what the resistor bag from an MS130-K kit breaks out into:
Includes everything you need to build the ECU shown below, only the case will be black anodzied.