What inputs and outputs are provided with this kit?
- It includes the circuitry needed to connect to the following sensors and outputs:
- Coolant temperature
- Intake air temperature
- 4 bar MAP sensor (onboard)
- Barometric pressure sensor (onboard)
- Oxygen sensor - narrow band or wideband with external controller
- Throttle position sensor
- On/off fast idle valve
- 2 injector output channels
- Tach input - Hall effect, optical, or VR sensors supported
- Single direct coil control spark output
Does this kit include a MAP sensor?
- Yes, there is a 4 bar MAP sensor included. It is a small circuit board in a static resistant bag and will not look like a conventional GM MAP sensor.
When should I use a V2.2 board, and when is it worth stepping up to a V3.0?
- The V3.0 is significantly more flexible. For a new build, a V2.2 could be cost effective under the following conditions:
- You will be running high impedance injectors.
- You will be using fuel control only, or one of the following ignition systems:
- Ford TFI
- Ford EDIS
- GM HEI
- VW Hall effect distributor and "139" ignition module
- You do not need any other outputs beyond fuel and ignition control.
- You do not intend to upgrade to MS2 or MS3 in the future.
- If your plans include any features beyond this, starting with a V3.0 is likely to be a better option.
What firmware does it have?
- The processor ships with Bowling & Grippo V3.0 code. It is easy to upgrade to MS1/Extra code during assembly.