4L80E Plug and Play Transmission Control via MicroSquirt
Seamlessly control your 4L80E transmission with MicroSquirt Transmission Control! The supplied 4L80E subharness provides a simple, plug and play integration with MS3Pro and directly mates with our LSx drop on harnesses; a perfect fit for GM 4L80E transmission. Includes wiring for the input shaft speed sensor. This can be used as a standalone transmission control solution with minimal wiring involved, but was designed to be a full plug and play, zero wiring solution with our 24x & 58x harnesses.
Note that many 1993 and earlier 4L80E transmissions had a different connector – this unit uses the later style that was used in most 1994 and later transmissions.
- MicroSquirt Transmission Controller
- Complete 4L80E wiring harness
- 6 pin black connector for power, ground, and CAN bus
- 8 pin gray connector for additional inputs
- 18 crimp pins for the above connectors
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.
I’ve heard of a device called the MicroTCU. Is this a MicroTCU?
- The MicroTCU is a different unit that has similar specifications, but it has not been put into production.
Is it waterproof?
- No, but you can make it waterproof with a bit of RTV silicone around the edge of the case.
Are there other versions of the MicroSquirt for other functions? Transmission control or the “IO Box”, for example?
- These all use the same ECU, just running different code to change its function and use it as a transmission control unit or I/O expansion device. See MSExtra.com for details.
Could I use two MicroSquirts, one running the engine and one running the transmission?
- Yes. They would link up over their CAN networks to look like a single unit to the tuning software.
Where is this unit made?
- They are built in the USA.
What do I need to tune this unit over USB?