BMW 8793 E30 Gen2 Plug and Play Standalone Engine Management System is compatible with the following BMW models:
- 1987 – 1992 325i (E30 chassis with M20 engine) *
- 1988 – 1992 735i (E32 chassis with M30 engine)
- 1989 – 1990 525i (E34 chassis with M20 engine)
- 1989 – 1993 535i (E34 chassis with M30 engine)
- 1991 – 1993 M5 (E34 chassis with S38 engine)
- This ECU is NOT compatible with 325e models with the eta engine (except the 1987 “Super Eta”)
- This ECU is NOT compatible with the 1992 E36 chassis 325i with the M50 engine. In 1992, the convertible used the E30 chassis, while coupes and sedans received the new E36 chassis. The two chassis used a different ECU design.
- Some European 325i models for the 1987 year used an ECU with a part number of 0 261 200 073 or 0 261 200 081; this ECU is not compatible with the stock wiring on these cars.
Also, BMW 8793 E30 Gen2 Plug and Play may not work with automatic transmissions on the E34 or E32 chassis, which rely on the fuel consumption signal for the transmission computer. Automatic equipped E30’s used a hydraulic transmission control that isn’t an issue.
BMW 8793 E30 Gen2 Plug and Play #B8793 Features:
- Fully Plug and Play Installation – No wiring required for basic functionality. Average install time is under 1 hour!
- The fuel and ignition base maps are pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key (other model base maps included on USB drive)
- Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors
Fully Tunable Engine Control!
- 16×16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
- 12×12 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
- Bank to bank fuel control with stock wiring, or 3 channel semi-sequential fueling with minor wiring changes
- Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors – No external ballast resistor is needed!
- Allows removal of stock airflow meter
Advanced Feature Set (included!)
- 12×12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wide band O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Built-in 2-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift
- Real time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (requires boost solenoid kit)
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity
- Headphone output for knock sensor – listen for knock while you tune!
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
- CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
- BMW 8793 E30 Gen2 Plug and Play ECU
- MSPNP RS232 serial tuning cable, 6′ (USB adapter sold separately, if needed)
- Rear Options connector and pins for installing additional features
- Tuning Software and Documentation USB Stick
- 6′ Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and ‘T’ fitting
- Four Screws for ECU mounting
Here is a partial list of DME (stock ECU) part numbers that this ECU can replace:
- 0 261 200 150 – 1986-1988 E24 635CSi with M30B35 engine
- 0 261 200 152 – 1987-1991 E30 320i with M20B20 engine
- 0 261 200 153 – 1987-1991 E30 325i/is/iX with M20B25 engine
- 0 261 200 154 – 01/1987-09/1987 E30 325es with M20B27 engine
- 0 261 200 172 – European 1987-1991 E30 320i with M20B20 engine
- 0 261 200 173 – 1987-1991 E30 325i/is/iX with M20B25 engine + 1987-1990 E34 525i with M20B25 engine
- 0 261 200 179 – 1989-1992 E34 535i with M30B35 engine
- 0 261 200 350 – 1988-1995 E34 M5 with S38B36 engine
- 0 261 200 351 – 1987-1991 E30 325i/is/iX with M20B25 engine
- 0 261 200 380 – 1987-1991 E30 325i/is/iX with M20B25 engine
- 0 261 200 382 – 1987-1991 E30 325i/is/iX with M20B25 engine
- 0 261 200 524 – 1987-1991 E30 325i/is/iX with M20B25 engine + 1987-1990 E34 525i with M20B25 engine
- 0 261 200 525 – 1987-1991 E30 325i/is/iX with M20B25 engine
- 0 261 200 526 – 1987-1991 E30 325i/is/iX with M20B25 engine
If you’ve run across a DME with a different part number and are curious if this will fit, please contact DIYAutoTune at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Although there is a paid upgrade to TunerStudio, it is not needed to tune this ECU. The free version included on the USB Stick can access all the features and tables of the MegaSquirtPNP. The paid version of TunerStudio simply adds tuning and analysis software, such as VE Analyzer Live to tune the fuel tables based on wideband O2 feedback (requiring a wideband O2 sensor and controller, sold separately).