We’ve put together the most powerful drop on, completely Plug-N-Play, ignition kit on the market for the Mazda Miata.
- The kit utilizes the AMP EFI IGN1A ignition coils that put out over 100mj (nearly 2X more energy than the leading competitors) per spark event
- Made of TXL high temp automotive grade wire
- Color coded and printed wire with the corresponding spark outputs
- Industrial grade flame retardant looming
- Labeled heat shrink for connector identification
- Top of the line weatherproof automotive relay
- Multi point grounding design
- Black coated coil mounting bracket
- Direct Plug-N-Play for OEM wiring setups
- Capable of aftermarket wiring connectivity
- Allows for wasted, coil on plug, sequential, and more firing capabilities
- Step-by-step installation instructions
- Designed to be tucked for a professional and appealing look
This kit comes in 4X variations. The 1990′ – 1993′, 1994′ – 2000′, 2001′ – 2005′ and the DIY Sequential Crimp Kit. If you you have a custom ignition setup, removed oem ignition connectors, or are wiring your Miata from scratch,
you will want to go with the 4th option “DIY Sequential Crimp Kit”. This option provides the entire drop in PNP kit with spare connectors and terminals so that you can wire it up to your existing custom setup.
Note: Use on 1990 through early 1995 Miatas will require either an aftermarket tach or an ECU with tach output. These coils do not have a signal to control the factory tachometer. 1995.5 and later Miatas used an ECU controlled tach, which will function as normal.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.
What’s in the box?
- 1X Maxspark primary harness
- 1X Maxspark secondary harness (model year specific)
- 1X Sequential adapter harness
- 4X AMP EFI IGN1A Ignition Coils
- 1X Coil mounting bracket
- 1X 50AMP fuse
- 4X Bracket spacers
- 4X Long bracket bolts
- 8X Short Coil bolts
- 12X Washers
- 4X Spark plug wires
Can I run this with my factory ECU?
- Yes, this kit was designed to be a direct plug and play for OEM setups. This is an important part of your purchase when making the “model year” selection because the OEM connectors differ for certain years.
Can I run this with an aftermarket ECU?
- Yes, this kit was designed to be a direct plug and play for OEM setups or aftermarket setups with OEM wiring and ignition. If you have an aftermarket ECU and a custom wiring and ignition setup, additional modification is required. You will need to refer to the installation instructions to see how to wire custom spark outputs to the mating connector on the primary harness. For an additional charge, we offer a blank/un used plug and terminal kit to allot you to custom wire your own ignition setup to our harness
Where is this product manufactured?
- The harnesses are all manufactured in Gainesville, Georgia, USA and bundled with other hardware sourced from right here in the USA.
What equipment will I need for installation?
- The entire install can be completed with 10mm socket, 10mm wrench, 12mm socket, 12mm wrench, side cutters, electrical tape (if desired), and zip ties (if desired). These are the only tools needed for the install of the kit.
- To remove your existing ignition setup, you may need additional tools other that the ones listed above.