What MegaSquirt versions does this trigger wheel work with?
- MS1/Extra, MS2/Extra, MS2 Bowling & Grippo, and MS3 firmware all have support for the 36-1 pattern. Some of the traditional MegaSquirt versions may require hardware mods. “Pro” wire in systems like the MS3-Pro and MicroSquirt can use this with no internal ECU mods.
What cylinder counts can this be used with?
- MegaSquirt code supports using a 36-1 pattern for 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12 cylinder engines. The latest MS3 code is also capable of running this on 7 cylinder radial engines. 5 or 10 cylinder engines require a tooth count divisible by 5.
Can this be used with a non-MegaSquirt ECU?
- Many other ECUs support a 36-1 pattern, although we have not tested our trigger wheels or sensors with them. Consult your ECU documentation for details.
How do I measure what size trigger wheel I need?
Can this wheel be bored out to make a ring shaped trigger wheel?
- If you need to bore it out for a larger size than a typical crank bolt diameter, we recommend using one of our unslotted trigger wheels instead.
Can trigger wheels be ordered in custom diameters or with mounting holes pre-drilled?
- We are not able to deliver custom trigger wheels with a reasonable cost or turnaround time. Our current lineup can be adapted to most engines with some fabrication.
5 reviews for 6 3/4″ 36-1 Trigger Wheel