Crankshaft Position Sensor – Hall Effect Threaded Body
Hall Effect Crankshaft position sensor with a threaded body, this sensor makes life easy– it just works. Also makes a great camshaft position sensor, or for that matter, an ‘anything that spins position sensor’. Need to track VSS / wheelspeed? Driveshaft speed? This sensor will do the job!
Threads are M12 and mounting nuts included. Runs off 5 to 24 volts, and gives a nice square wave so there’s no variable voltage issues. Has a 1 meter long, 3 wire pigtail. Here’s what the wires do:
Brown – Supply voltage; connect to either VREF for 5 volt operation or 12 volt switched power.
Black – Output signal. On a MegaSquirt DIY style ECU, connects to pin 24. We just set our MegaSquirt up for the VR conditioner and it works great. V3.0 MicroSquirts can also do this, but older MicroSquirts will need to use the Hall effect input. Note that one requires a pull up resistor. This tees into both the supply voltage and the output signal wire. Use a 1K resistor (included with the sensor!) when powering it with 5 volts or a 2.4K resistor when powering it with 12 volts.
Blue – Ground.
Be careful if you are switching to this from a previous version of our sensor. The wire colors do not match, and this version requires a pull up resistor.
- Ideal uses
- Crankshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor
- Wheelspeed Sensor
- Driveshaft speed Sensor
- Operating voltage: 5 to 24 volts
- Maximum over voltage and reverse voltage: +30 to -24 volts
- Maximum supply current required: 6 mA
- Maximum output current sinking: 20 mA
- Output type: Open collector
- Maximum frequency: 15 kHz
- Temperature range: -40 to +125 degrees C
- Nominal air gap: 1.5 mm
- Thread pitch: M12 x 1 mm
- Overall length: 65.5 mm, not including wires
- Package material: Aluminum
- Sensor orientation: Not directional
- Recommended tooth size is a rectangle measuring at least 2.5 mm x 6.35 mm, with a 5.0 mm tooth height.
Note: We also carry a tabbed body crankshaft position sensor. Click here!
Note: If you are looking for specs on the old sensor, please see our Hall effect sensor specifications page.
7 reviews for Crankshaft / Camshaft Position Sensor – Hall Effect Threaded Body