GM Closed Element CLT/IAT Sensor with Pigtail
Suitable for use as a Coolant Temperature Sensor (CLT) on all vehicles, or as an Intake Air Temp Sensor (IAT) on naturally aspirated vehicles. These are the proper GM-style sensors for use with the MegaSquirt line of ECUs and include a 6″ wire pig-tail with weatherproof connector.
The threads are 3/8″ NPT pipe thread.
For supercharged/turbocharged vehicles needing an IAT sensor we have the GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Pigtail in stock.
If you need to calibrate your MS for this sensor, here’s the calibration data we use for them for a three point curve.
|48 degrees F||7000|
|87 degrees F||1930|
|146 degrees F||560|
What size hole do I need to drill to install this sensor?
- The hole should be tapped for 3/8″ NPT. Your tap will come with instructions for the preferred drill size, which is likely to be 9/16″.
What is its resistance vs temperature curve?
- If you are connecting this to a device that supports 3 point calibration (all MegaSquirt units do), use these numbers if your device does not have a standard GM temperature sensor calibration curve.
- 7000 ohms at 48 degrees F
- 1930 ohms at 87 degrees F
- 560 ohms at 146 degrees F
I am using it with a device that requires a voltage vs temperature curve. What data do I enter?
- This sensor outputs resistance, not voltage. You will need additional, external circuitry to convert its output into a voltage, and the voltage will depend on the design of the external circuit.
Can I buy the connector separately?
- We currently buy the sensor and connector as a single item and do not stock the connector on its own.