MegaSquirtPNP Gen2 – Plug-N-Play Standalone Engine Management System
Fits the following USDM cars with the 3S-GTE engine:
- 1992-1993 Toyota Celica All-Trac (GT-Four) with manual transmission
- 1993-1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo with manual transmission
See the ECU part number listing at the end of this entry to check if a Toyota ECU not sold in the United States or Canada is compatible. It can also work with JDM 3rd generation 3S-GTE motors.
This ECU is also designed to be pin compatible with 1996-2000 Toyota 4AGE blacktop 20V motors. We’ve heard reports of successful installations with this MSPNP on the 4AGE blacktop engines for swaps using the stock 20V harness. However, we do not currently have documentation or a base map for these engines, so using this for a 4A-GE 20V is a bit more complicated than a normal MSPNP installation and we are not able to support nonstandard applications at the same level as a 100% plug and play install.
Second generation MSPNP; Easy to Use and Install!
MegaSquirtPNP Model #TS9395 Features:
- Fully Plug and Play Installation – No wiring required for basic functionality, other than adding an IAT sensor (included in the package). Install time is about an hour, only exception is if you need to have someone weld in your IAT sensor’s bung for you real quick. That’ll cost you just a few bucks at most tuner or welding shops.
- 3S-GTE base maps is pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key (other model base maps included on USB thumb drive)
- Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors
Fully Tunable Engine Control!
- 16×16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
- 12×12 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
- 4 sequential fuel injector channels with individual trim tables
- Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors – No external ballast resistor is needed!
- Allows removal of stock mass air flow sensor
Advanced Feature Set (Included!)
- 12×12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wide band O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Built-in 2-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift
- Real time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (Requires DIYAutoTune.com EBC solenoid kit, as the stock boost solenoid only works in an on/off fashion)
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity
- Headphone output for knock sensor – listen for knock while you tune!
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
- CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
- MegaSquirtPNP TS9395 ECU
- MSPNP RS232 serial tuning cable, 6′ (USB adapter sold separately, if needed)
- Tuning Software and Documentation USB Stick
- 6′ Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and ‘T’ fitting
- Open element IAT sensor with aluminum mounting bung
- Four Screws for ECU mounting
Here is a list of Toyota ECU part numbers this ECU is known to replace:
It may fit other applications; please feel free to contact us if you’re not sure.
Note: Although there is a paid upgrade to TunerStudio, it is not needed to tune this ECU. The free version included on the USB Stick can access all the features and tables of the MegaSquirtPNP. The paid version of TunerStudio simply adds tuning and analysis software, such as VE Analyzer Live to tune the fuel tables based on wideband O2 feedback (requiring a wideband O2 sensor and controller, sold separately).