1993, 1994, 1995 325i/M3 BMW E36 MS3Pro Plug and Play Standalone Engine Management System
Replace your “413” or “506” DME with a tunable racing ECU! This BMW E36 ECU allows tuning your 1993-1995 BMW E36 (including the 1995 BMW M3!) with a laptop to handle any mods you can throw at these engines!
The BMW E36 MS3Pro Plug and Play fits the following applications (Confirmed for US market vehicles)
- 1993-1995 BMW 325i with M50 motor and manual transmission
- 1995 BMW M3 with S50 motor and manual transmission
- 1993-1995 BMW 525i with M50 motor and manual transmission
***Compatibility with the European M3 has not been confirmed at this point. This ECU does not fit the earlier M50 non-VANOS cars with the 0-261-200-402 DME.***
Includes mounting brackets that allow a direct fit in the stock 3-series ECU mounting location. For 525s, the ECU will plug into the stock harness, but can be difficult to install in the stock location.
1993, 1994, 1995 BMW E36 ECU — MS3Pro Plug and Play Features:
- Fully Plug and Play Installation – No wiring required for basic functionality.
- Average install time is under 1 hour!
- Base map is pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key
- Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- 8 GB internal data logging with built in SD card
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors/controllers
Fully Tunable Engine Control!
- 16×16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
- 16×16 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
- 6 sequential fuel injector channels with individual trim tables
- Onboard high impedance injector drivers
- Allows removal of stock MAF sensor
- VANOS control
Advanced Feature Set (Included!)
- 12×12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wide band O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Multiple traction control strategies
- Built-in 3-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift and burnout rev limiter
- Time based timing / boost increase after launch
- Real time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (Requires EBC solenoid kit)
- CO2 based boost control
- Set boost by RPM and throttle, ground speed, or gear
- Rally style anti lag
- Water injection control – on/off or variable
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity, crank angle windowing, and more
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
- Supports many aftermarket dashes/displays such as Racepak, Race Technologies, AiM Sports, AEM, Dakota Digital, Autosports Labs, Perfect Tuning, etc.
- CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
- BMW E36/E34 MS3Pro Plug and Play ECU
- RS232 tuning cable (2 of them actually to allow extended length)
- Tuning Software and Documentation on USB memory stick with three base maps included
- Stock M50
- Stock S50
- Modified S50 with upgraded cams and independent throttle body intake
- 6′ Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and ‘T’ fitting
- ECU mounting brackets to attack to stock E36 hold down points
- Registered version of TunerStudio and MegaLog viewer included
- Make sure to use our Custom TunerStudio Dashboard, designed specifically to help make tuning your new build intuitive and easy!
Direct replacement for the following DME part numbers:
- 0 261 200 413
- 0 261 203 506
If your ECU / DME has a different part number, please contact us to see if this ECU is compatible with your vehicle!