The MS3-Pro Module puts the MS3-Pro circuitry on a board where we’ve replaced the AMPSEAL connectors with 0.100″ pin headers. What’s it for? The MS3-Pro Module is the core for our MSPNP-Pro, but we’re also making them available to the public. MS3-Pro Module is complete enough to solder a harness to one and call it an ECU, but it offers quite a few other possibilities. Here are some other common uses:
- Design your own plug and play PCBs to adapt it to OEM wiring harnesses
- Stuff it in a stock ECU case and solder it to the connector to comply with SCCA Street Touring rules or other class racing that allow any retuning device that fits in the OEM ECU case
- Put it in your own case to make a private label ECU
- Create a new PCB that adds extra features, like high current coil drivers or CAN based extensions
The MS3-Pro Module is approximately 5.5″ x 3.5″ – much easier to incorporate into your projects than trying to use a V3.57 main board, MS3 daughter card, MS3X, and all the other associated parts. And we offer volume discounts if you’re making a production run.
This is for the complete, assembled circuit board. It does not include a TunerStudio license though the free version of TunerStudio MS will of course work just fine, and you can unlock extra functionality if you choose to license the software (very cool stuff, highly recommended!).
Click HERE for MS3-Pro Module documentation.
For the latest firmware and tuning software, please visit the main MS3-Pro download site.
Drivers for the USB connection can be found on the FTDI website.
Where is this product manufactured?
- This product is manufactured in Suwanee, Georgia, USA.
Are large volume discounts available?
- Yes, large quantity discounts are available to qualified businesses. Jobber account required. Please CONTACT US for further info.
How do I connect to the board?
- It uses industry standard 0.100" headers. We do not recommend soldering wires to it directly as this can make service difficult.
Do I need any additional licensing to create and re-sell a system based on this module?
- The licensing for use of the hardware and firmware is included in the cost of the module.
- There are free versions of TunerStudio and MegaLogViewer that include all features needed to fully calibrate an engine management system using the MS3-Pro Module and firmware, as well as registered (pay) versions of this software that add some bonus features and functionality.
Does it include a warranty?
- The module has a one year limited warranty against manufacturing defects. We recommend mounting the module on removable connectors rather than soldering wires straight to the PCB. Even though the need for warranty service is extremely rare, we can only service our PCB, and cannot re-attach the module to soldered on wires after doing doing warranty service which might require their removal.