Important Note: Due to supply chain challenges and the lack of ability to have parts anodized at this time, we are transitioning to brushed silver enclosures. We appreciate your understanding.
Included is a MegaSquirt-III Engine Management System w/PCB3.0 – Unassembled Kit Part # MS330-K
This MS330-K_BL kit includes everything you will need to build your MegaSquirt-3. The genuine B&G partial kit with V3.0 PCB, everything in the standard Bill Of Materials, the MS3 daughter board kit, the case, pre-machined endplates and heatsink bar, even the tube of heatsink compound and a bit of jumper wire is included. All you add is tools, solder, and time! The MS3X Xpander board is sold separately and allows you to fully take advantage of the MegaSquirt-3, including 8-cylinder sequential injection, 8 ignition outputs allowing 8-cylinder coil on plug, nitrous control, and more. Add a tuning cable to your order if you don’t have one already.
The BIP373 coil driver is sold separately and is only required for direct coil control. If you are using “smart” coils with internal or ignition modules or “dumb” coils with external ignition modules, you do not need any BIP373 drivers. You only need BIP373 if you have a dumb coil and do not have an ignition module.
MS330-K Kit Bill Of Materials (BOM) Includes:
- MS3 Daughter Card
- All ‘Basic Components’, including 2.5 bar MAP sensor
- PWM Flyback Damping Circuit components
- Hall Sensor/Coil(-) and VR Sensor Ignition Trigger Components
- Current Limiting Circuit Components
The MS3 daughter card on its own will give you all these features and more:
- VE and ignition tables are now both 16 x 16
- 0.1% steps on VE table, 0.1 degree steps on ignition table
- Socket for an onboard SD card – no laptop required for data logging (SD Card not included)
- Built in USB port
- GM stepper IAC control
- Closed loop idle and mixture control
- CANBus communications for interface with GPIO Board, IO Extender, or other devices
- Staged injection
- Native support for many different OEM trigger patterns
The MS3 also gives you a starting point for even more expansion. You will be able to connect the headers on this board to additional hardware, such as the MS3X board to enable features like these:
- 8 channels sequential fuel control
- 8 channel sequential ignition control
- Individual fuel and spark trim for cylinder by cylinder tuning
- 2 and 3 channel PWM IAC control
- 2 stage nitrous controller
- Table switching for multi-fuel engines
- 2 step launch control
- And more!
For complete MS3 documentation, see ms3efi.com.