MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System PCB3.0 – Assembled Unit Part # MS130-C
Completely assembled including:
- All ‘Basic Components’
- PWM Flyback Damping Circuit components
- Hall Sensor/Coil(-) and VR Sensor Ignition Trigger Components (jumpered for Hall sensor, optical sensor, points, or fuel only using negative coil input- you can reconfigure for any input you like)
- IGBT High Current Ignition Driver Components (installed on the board, but not wired in by default)
- Current Limiting Circuit Components
That’s right, all the standard parts in the bill of materials are included. Mod kits for customizing this ECU are available separately.
The MegaSquirt EFI System is truly the dream Electronic Fuel Injection computer for the DIYer. MegaSquirt has been installed on thousands of engines from restored classics to daily drivers to full on race-cars. Turbo, supercharged, or NA the MegaSquirt can handle your fueling needs. These use MS1/Extra firmware and the documentation at MSExtra.com.
Features/Benefits of the MegaSquirt-I EFI System
- Onboard MAP sensor for NA or boosted engines up to 21psi!
- Speed density or Alpha-N.
- Use any injector – High or Low impedance.
- Compatible with output from narrowband sensors and wideband O2 systems.
- Log data on your laptop for later analysis.
- Tuning software is free for download and regularly updated with new features.
- Open Source design – all code and hardware information is available online.
- Includes proper female DB37 connector and shell for your wiring harness.
- Professionally Machined Brushed Aluminum Endplates. Excellent Fit and Finish!
- Aluminum Case with flanged ends for easy mounting.
New Features specific to the latest PCB Version 3.0
- All automotive temperature grade components for increased reliability.
- Higher quality 4 layer PCB for increased resistance to noise/crosstalk. All PCB’s electrically tested at the factory for enhanced quality control.
- Added current limiting circuitry to provide increased fault tolerance— it other words, it’s much harder to blow this thing up if you make a mistake!
- Uprated Flyback circuitry is now built in- bring on the low-z injectors!
- Onboard heat sink bar
- Large Prototype area onboard- for adding custom circuitry to your ECU
- Supports use of original MS tach input, ignition coil triggering, VR, Hall and Optical sensor triggering.
- Direct Ignition coil driver is now on-board
MS1/Extra code is now standard!
This unit is loaded with MS1/Extra code when it is built. In addition to giving you more tuning capabilities out of the box, this allows you to customize the hardware for additional inputs and outputs with our solder-in mod kits.
Features this code allows include:
- Ignition Control, distributor-based and distributor-less (DIS) systems
- 12×12 Volumetric Efficiency (VE) and Ignition Tables
- Closed loop boost control
- Rev limiters
- Shift Light control
- Water Injection control
- Knock Sensor Input
Out of the box, this one is set up for fuel control only. Hardware based MS1/Extra features require internal modifications. See the MS1/Extra manual for details.
Fully upgradeable to MegaSquirt II or III Fuel and Ignition Controller
This unit can be upgraded to MegaSquirt 2 or 3 and you’ll have the following new/improved features:
- Ignition control (full spark timing advance control, dwell control, etc) for one coil/distributor and EDIS systems,
- Fuel/Spark tuning tables at 12×12 resolution or even up to 16×16 fuel table resolution running the latest MS2-Extra firmware
- On-board stepper motor driver for IAC stepper control (this will require a few jumper wires to be added on the MegaSquirt PCB)
- More processor speed
- 100X greater pulse width resolution
- Easier configuration and tuning setup
- MS3 adds significant extra I/O capabilities including 8cyl ignition and sequential fuel control
Schematics and Source Code are Publicly Available for Tinkerers!
You can customize both the hardware and the firmware to meet your needs. Schematics are published to help with troubleshooting and modifications, and the firmware is available in assembly language if you wish to write your own code!