1999-03 Mazda Protege with ZM-DE 1.6, FP-DE 1.8, FS-DE 2.0L or FS-DET 2.0L — Get your car truly ‘RACE-READY’ with MS3Pro Plug & Play! This ECU installs in less than an hour, arrives out-of-the-box ready for up to 44lbs boost and is CAN enabled for seamless control of other MegaSquirt or third party devices.
Note: manual transmission only. This unit does not have automatic transmission control.
PN: MSPNPPro-EECV-8PM supports:
- 1999-2003 Protege 1.6L, 1.8L, 2.0L with manual transmission
- 2001 Protege MP3 2.0L with manual transmission
- 2002-2003 Protege5 2.0L with manual transmission
- 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 2.0L with manual transmission
Note: Supplied start up map configured for 2.0L
99-03 Protege MS3Pro Plug and Play Features:
- Fully Plug and Play Installation – No wiring required for basic functionality.
- Average install time is under 1 hour!
- Base map pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key
- Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- 8 GB internal data logging with built in SD card
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors/controllers
- Factory tachometer control
Does your speedometer read incorrectly due to a gear ratio or tire size change? NOW you can easily fix it in TunerStudio and save a costly trip to your tuner!
Fully Tunable Engine Control for your Protege!
- 16×16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
- 16×16 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
- Sequential fuel injector channels with individual trim tables
- Sequential spark ignition channels
- Onboard high impedance injector drivers
- Allows removal of stock MAF sensor
Advanced Feature Set
- 12×12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wideband O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Multiple traction control strategies (JUST ADD A FRONT WHEEL VSS like this)
- Built-in 3-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift and burnout rev limiter
- Time based timing / boost increase after launch
- Real time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Configurable engine safties, warning lights & overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (Requires EBC solenoid kit)
- CO2 based boost control
- Set boost by RPM and throttle, ground speed, or gear
- Nitrous control strategies
- 2 channels of configurable staged or progressive control
- Supports wet or dry nitrous systems
- Add fuel, pull timing, etc.
- Rally style anti lag
- Water injection control – on/off or variable
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity, crank angle windowing, and more
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
- Supports many aftermarket dashes/displays such as Racepak, Race Technologies, AiM Sports, AEM, Dakota Digital, Autosports Labs, Perfect Tuning, etc.
- CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
- 99-03 Mazda Protege MS3Pro Plug and Play ECU
- RS232 tuning cable
- 8GB USB Drive including:
- Registered version of TunerStudio and MegaLog Viewer
- Hardware Documentation & Base Map
- 6′ Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and ‘T’ fitting
Staff Picks/ Optional Extras:
- Perfect Tuning CAN Gauge – 24x Multicolor OLED Display (standard 52mm)
- Day/Night BRIGHT, configurable display
- Connect up to THREE additional 0-5v analog sensors
- USB to Serial Adapter (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Wide Band O2 Sensor(s) – We recommend at least a single LC-2 or one per bank
- Air Temperature Sensor
- Make sure to use our Custom TunerStudio Dashboard, designed specifically to help make tuning your new build intuitive and easy!
2 reviews for 1999-2003 Mazda Protege MS3Pro Plug and Play