The CAN-EGT unit allows you to monitor up to 8 K-type thermocouples and up to 8 Innovate wideband devices over an Innovate Log Chain, and can transmit the data to a MegaSquirt-II, MegaSquirt-III, MicroSquirt, MSPNP, or MS3-Pro over the CAN bus, so you don’t use up any analog inputs for these. It can also transmit its data to a laptop directly over USB, or send a 0-5 volt signal based on the thermocouple inputs to work with external gauges.
CAN-EGT 8 Channel Thermocouple Interface Features:
- 8 inputs for K-type thermocouples
- Cold junction compensation
- 0-1250 ºC input range
- Measures both exhaust gas and cylinder head temperature
- 8 analog 0-5 volt outputs
- CANbus connection for connecting to MegaSquirt
- RS232 connection that conects to an Innovate LogChain – currently supports up to 8 Innovate wideband O2 sensors
- USB port for laptop connection
- Multiple CAN-EGT units can be daisy chained together
CLICK the Documentation & Downloads Tabs above for support documentation, configuration & firmware files.
Mounting dimensions are approximately 1.5″ tall, 3.5″ long (including terminal blocks), 4″ wide.
The CAN-EGT interface will work with DIYAutoTune’s Black Stinger or Red Avenger EGT probes, or other K type thermocouples.
Can the analog outputs be repurposed as inputs?
- No. They are for sending an amplified EGT signal to other devices that are not able to read its CAN protocol.
Can it be used to measure other variables besides EGT?
- It can use K type thermocouple sensors for other purposes as long as the temperature you are measuring are within range. For example, it could measure cylinder head temperature on air cooled motors, oil temperature, or transmission fluid temperature.
Can it read below 0 degrees C?
- The CAN-EGT is hardware limited to a minimum temperature of 0 degrees C. K type thermocouples start to put out a negative voltage below this point, and the internal circuitry is configured to only measure positive voltages since it is intended for exhaust gas applications that will not read low once the engine is started.
Can I connect a non-MegaSquirt device to connect to it over CAN?
Can I read the probes directly from the box with a computer?
- Yes. Use TunerStudio and connect to it with its built in USB port.