MegaSquirtPNP Gen 2
Plug-N-Play Standalone Engine Management System
MegaSquirtPNP Model #TS9092 Features
Fits the following cars with the 3S-GTE engine:
- 1990-1991 Toyota Celica All-Trac (GT-Four) with manual transmission
- 1991-1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo with manual transmission
These are for USDM pinouts; the pinouts we've found for the 1990-1992 JDM MR2 Turbo look identical. So far we have not tested this MSPNP on a JDM car, but from all indications it should work. Note that some markets used different ways to number the model years. See the ECU part number listing at the end of this entry to check if a Toyota ECU not sold in the United States or Canada is compatible.
New second generation MSPNP!
Easy to Use and Install!
- Fully Plug and Play Installation - No wiring required for basic functionality, other than adding an IAT sensor (included in the package). Install time is about an hour, only exception is if you need to have someone weld in your IAT sensor's bung for you real quick. That'll cost you just a few bucks at most tuner or welding shops.
- 3S-GTE base maps is pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key (other model base maps included on CD)
- Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors
Fully Tunable Engine Control!
- 16x16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
- 12x12 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
- 4 sequential fuel injector channels with individual trim tables
- Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors - No external ballast resistor is needed!
- Allows removal of stock mass air flow sensor
Advanced Feature Set (Included!)
- 12x12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wide band O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Built-in 2-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift
- Real time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (Requires DIYAutoTune.com EBC solenoid kit, as the stock boost solenoid only works in an on/off fashion)
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity
- Headphone output for knock sensor - listen for knock while you tune!
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor - switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
- CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors.....the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
MegaSquirtPNP TS9092 ECU
MSPNP RS232 serial tuning cable, 6' (USB adapter sold separately, if needed)
Tuning Software and Documentation CD
6' Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and 'T' fitting
Open element IAT sensor with aluminum mounting bung
- Four Screws for ECU mounting
Here is a list of Toyota ECU part numbers that this ECU is known to replace.
Note: We're planning to offer one for the 1993-1995 MR2, but are looking for a test car for R&D. If you have one we can borrow for testing, please email us! The car needs to have a stock wiring harness and be running well on the stock ECU.
Note that although there is a paid upgrade to TunerStudio, it is not needed to tune this ECU. The free version included on the CD can access all the features and tables of the MegaSquirtPNP. The paid version of TunerStudio simply adds tuning and analysis software, such as VE Analyzer Live to tune the fuel tables based on wideband O2 feedback (requiring a wideband O2 sensor and controller, sold separately).