Can I use this EGT probe with my ECU?
- You must use an EGT amplifier with this probe such as the CAN-EGT or Innovate TC-4
How exactly do I install this probe?
- It needs a compression fitting. We have several styles, sold separately.
Can I cut the leads if they are too long?
- We do not recommend this as it is difficult to cut the leads cleanly. It is better to just coil them out of the way.
Should I use this probe or the "Black Stinger" version?
- We recommend the Red Avenger probe for use if you are running it upstream of the turbo. While it is unlikely that a Black Stinger's open tip will break off, this is a remote possibility and could damage the turbo. We have never heard of the end breaking off on a Red Avenger.
- If you do not have a turbo, or are measuring post-turbine temperatures, the Black Stinger probes will respond a bit faster.