Add a Green DB Style Gauge to Your Existing Innovate LC-1 or LM-1.
The DB Series gauges connect to the analog output from your LC-1 or LM-1 Wideband system and provide you with accurate Air/Fuel Ratio information in real-time; a good idea for high performance naturally aspirated cars, and pretty much a must for forced induction! This is a 52 mm (2 1/16″) gauge that fits many aftermarket gauge pods or can be mounted in the dash.
Note: Innovate has recently changed their colors for the wiring on this gauge. If the wiring on the directions does not match the wiring in the guide, use this instead:
Red- 12 volt Positive
Black- Ground wire at LC-1s white wire ground point
White- goes to LC-1s Brown wire
Yellow- goes to headlight power wire
What else do I need with this?
- You will need to wire this gauge to an LC-1 or LC-2 wideband system to provide an air/fuel ratio signal. It could be used with an LM-1 or LM-2 as well, although these usually aren't intended for permanent installation on the vehicle.
Is this gauge compatible with other wideband controllers besides Innovate's?
- Possibly. You would need to be able to program your wideband controller to produce the same output voltage signal as Innovate's.
What voltage signal is it looking for?
- It needs 0 volts to display 7.35:1 and 5 volts to display 22.39:1.
Does it include mounting hardware?
- Yes. It includes a "cage" to help fit behind a hole in a flat panel, as well as a small wiring harness.
Will it fit in a gauge cup?
- This will fit in most gauge pods or cups meant for 52 mm gauges.
Can it work for other fuel than gasoline?
- It's really only meant to display gasoline AFRs. You could potentially adjust the wideband's output curve to get it to display AFRs for fuels with a similar stoichiometric ratio such as diesel or propane, but not ethanol or methanol.