For any electric pump, on any type of vehicle, the Aeromotive Fuel Pump Speed Controller (FPSC) minimizes fuel heating and vapor-lock problems by matching the duty cycle of the fuel pump to engine RPM. At low demand, the FPSC slows the fuel pump down, reducing the chance of suction side cavitation and vapor lock. When demand increases, the FPSC returns the fuel pump to 100% duty cycle for maximum flow. It’s like an automatic transmission for your fuel pump.
- LED indicators confirm correct ignition signal hookup, verifies activation of the manual override circuit, and indicates when the circuit is providing full voltage to the pump.
- Avoid any device that reduces voltage to your fuel pump. Low voltage will destroy a 12V DC motor. The Aeromotive FPSC does not reduce voltage! The FPSC uses PWM current limiting and is harmless to the pump’s motor.
- A solid-state transistor circuit, rated up to 40 amps, replaces the relays recommended in most fuel pump electrical circuits.
- Adjustable, full-speed RPM threshold.
- Billet 6061-T651 aircraft aluminum housing, protected with a beautiful bright dip black anodized finish.
- Complete installation kit includes: wire, override toggle switch, installation hardware, and instructions.
- We recommend this controller if you are using an Aeromotive A1000 or other one of their fuel pumps in applications that run for long periods of time at part throttle.
- You can download the installation instructions from Aeromotive’s site HERE.
- Non-stock item – please allow extra time for delivery.