MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System PCB3.57 - w/ Black Case Part # MS1357-C_BL
Completely assembled including:
- All 'Basic Components'
- PWM Flyback Damping Circuit components
- Hall Sensor/Coil(-) and VR Sensor Ignition Trigger Components (jumpered for Hall sensor, optical sensor, points, or fuel only using negative coil input- you can reconfigure for any input you like)
- Current Limiting Circuit Components
- Also includes solder-cup DB37 and DB15 with clamshells for building your own harness.
The MegaSquirt EFI System is truly the dream Electronic Fuel Injection computer for the DIYer. MegaSquirt has been installed on thousands of engines from restored classics to daily drivers to full on race-cars. Turbo, supercharged, or NA the MegaSquirt can handle your fueling needs. More information about MegaSquirt can be found at http://www.megamanual.com.
Features / Benefits of the MegaSquirt-I EFI System
- Onboard MAP sensor for NA or boosted engines up to 21psi! (Upgradeable to 44psi)
- Speed density or Alpha-N.
- Use any injector - High or Low impedance.
- Compatible with output from narrowband sensors and wideband O2 systems.
- Log data on your laptop for later analysis.
- Tuning software is free for download and regularly updated with new features.
- Open Source design - all code and hardware information is available online.
- Includes proper female DB37 and DB15 connectors and shells for building your wiring harness.
- Professionally Machined Brushed Aluminum Case with Endplates. Excellent Fit and Finish! Flanged for easy mounting.
- Supports use of original MS tach input, ignition coil triggering, VR, Hall and Optical sensor triggering.
New Features specific to the latest PCB Version 3.57 Surface Mount
- 90% of components converted to surface mount. This standardizes the part numbers used, as well as the assembly process, resulting in consistently high quality. (I know you were already used to that from us here at DIYAutoTune ;)
- Hall effect, optical, and VR ignition input settings are now easily set by jumper shunts, no need to bust out your soldering iron to change your base hardware ignition input configuration anymore!
- Pulse-Width Modulated (PWM) Idle Valves are now natively supported by the PCBv3.57 hardware without the need for modification. This is one of the coolest features as this was a very common modification that will no longer be needed. The circuitry on the PCBv3.57 will control a standard on/off fast idle valve, or a 2/3 wire PWM Idle valve!
- Enhanced I/O Capabilities
- DB15 Added for bringing signals into/out of the ECU
- Common signal pickup points (IE 'top of the LEDs, etc') are brought out to easily accessible solder pads
- LEDs are surface mounted
Fully upgradeable to MegaSquirt II Fuel and Ignition Controller
This unit can be upgraded to MegaSquirt-II and you'll have the following new/improved features:
- Ignition control (full spark timing advance control, dwell control, etc) for one coil/distributor and EDIS systems,
- Fuel/Spark tuning tables at 12×12 resolution or even up to 16x16 fuel table resolution running the latest MS2-Extra firmware
- On-board stepper motor driver for IAC stepper control (this will require a few jumper wires to be added on the MegaSquirt PCB)
Available Source code means Endless Development
This MegaSquirt EFI system is an open project allowing anyone to customize the hardware and code to meet different needs. This firmware's featureset has grown hugely and continues to be refined.
Already there are optional firmware updates (like MS1-Extra mentioned above) for the current MegaSquirt-I to add features such as:
- Ignition Control, distributor-based and distributorless (DIS) systems - there is a slot for mounting one BIP373 coil driver, not included, or you can order a heat sink for mounting up to six BIP373s.
- 12x12 Volumetric Efficiency (VE) and Ignition Tables
- Closed loop boost control
- Rev limiters
- Shift Light control
- Water Injection control
- Knock Sensor Input