The MegaEFI EEC-IV to MegaSquirt adaptor board will, when assembled, plug into your vehicle's existing wiring harness with no cutting or splicing of your stock harness being necessary. MegaSquirt can then be connected to the Adaptor board via a standard relay cable. This allows you to mount the MegaSquirt in any location under the Dash of your Car or truck, allowing easy access to the MegaSquirt Serial connection and easy visual appearance of the three status LED's built into the MegaSquirt. The adaptor Board is truly universal, MegaSquirt users all over the world are using it to convert their Fords over to MegaSquirt. The Adaptor features pre-wired signals for most of the required MegaSquirt connections, only a few jumpers are required to be installed on the board to match your Vehicle harness configuration.
- Uses your standard Ford Harness and connector.
- Designed to use the relay board cable on the connection from the Adaptor board DB37 to the MegaSquirt DB37.
- Larger connector holes, easier to assemble.
- TFI or EDIS pull-up resistor on board.
- New design PWM Idle driver on board. No MegaSquirt modifications required.
- Drivers for Fan and Nitrous relays.
- Input for Nitrous feedback or Table Switching.
- Knock sensor input.
- Proto area with +12V, +5V, and ground nearby. Allows you to add your own circuits. (EGT, VSS, ?)
- Optional 25pin connector for use with Transmission control..
- The Spare I/O Pass through connector J3 can be used optionally to run Wide Band signals, EEC or MegaSquirt signals in/out.
- Breakout connections for all EEC-IV connections.
- Cut points for European PATS ECU compatibility. (Fuel pump, SAW/SPOUT and PIP)
What you'll need to come up with--
A Ford EEC-IV ECU to harvest the case/connector from as per the MegaEFI documentation. This kit includes everything needed to enable the features above, with the only exception being the case and connector from a stock EEC-IV computer.
Click here to see our EEC-IV adapter board guide for full details of how to implement this system,including pinouts for 5.0 Mustangs and 2.3 Turbo cars.
So in short-- here's what you need:
- A MegaSquirt, I or II, either will work nicely
- Relay Cable
- MegaEFI EEC-IV Kit (this page)
- Stock Ford EEC-IV ECU (just to steal the connector and case from, it can be a dead ECU from a junkyard Taurus or most other 86-95 Fords)
We do not yet offer these pre-assembled, but we'll put them on the website when we do...
Note that no US market EEC-IV cars had the VR conditioner or coil drivers built into the ECU, but some Europe-only models did. If you have one of these cars, we recommend using the V3.0 / V3.57 VR conditioner, and adding four BIP373 mod kits for direct coil control.